"how to" tutorials & Grizzly t-shirts

charlie hunt-3
If there is anyone interested in writing a "how to" tutorial, I would be
glad to offer him or her a Project Grizzly t-shirt.

This is what we (Grizzly community) would be looking for in tutorials:
1.)  How to code a Grizzly client & server communicating with each other
including an example along with some information that describes the key
concepts.
2.)  How to code a Grizzly client & server using a simple or custom
protocol which implements Grizzly's ProtocolParser including an example
along with some information that describes the key concepts.
3.)  How to code an example which uses Grizzly comet or cometd.

If you are interested, feel free to respond to this e-mail.   When you
have a draft of a tutorial completed, you can post it to this mailing
list ([hidden email]) for everyone to review.

For a template document, or example to help in formatting the document,
you can look at of the following tutorials:
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/grizzly-nb6-tutorial/index.html
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/sqe-nb6-tutorial/index.html
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/findBugs-nb-tutorial/index.html
http://www.netbeans.org/files/documents/4/681/tutorial-template.html
(This one may be the most helpful?)

charlie ...

Re: "how to" tutorials & Grizzly t-shirts

Erik Svensson-2
On 1/24/08 4:06 PM, "charlie hunt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If there is anyone interested in writing a "how to" tutorial, I would be
> glad to offer him or her a Project Grizzly t-shirt.
>
> This is what we (Grizzly community) would be looking for in tutorials:
> 1.)  How to code a Grizzly client & server communicating with each other
> including an example along with some information that describes the key
> concepts.

I could write up something about writing the client posted on the list
and the corresponding echo-server.

> 2.)  How to code a Grizzly client & server using a simple or custom
> protocol which implements Grizzly's ProtocolParser including an example
> along with some information that describes the key concepts.

We're currently implementing a custom protocol parser for grizzly so there
might be something there as well.

cheers
Erik Svensson, SIX AB

Re: "how to" tutorials & Grizzly t-shirts

charlie hunt-3
Hi Erik,

If you would be interested in doing either or both, that would be awesome!

I would be glad to offer you 2 t-shirts if you would like to do both #1
& #2.  :-)

thanks,

charlie ...

Erik Svensson wrote:

> On 1/24/08 4:06 PM, "charlie hunt" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> If there is anyone interested in writing a "how to" tutorial, I would be
>> glad to offer him or her a Project Grizzly t-shirt.
>>
>> This is what we (Grizzly community) would be looking for in tutorials:
>> 1.)  How to code a Grizzly client & server communicating with each other
>> including an example along with some information that describes the key
>> concepts.
>>

> I could write up something about writing the client posted on the list
> and the corresponding echo-server.
>

>> 2.)  How to code a Grizzly client & server using a simple or custom
>> protocol which implements Grizzly's ProtocolParser including an example
>> along with some information that describes the key concepts.
>>

> We're currently implementing a custom protocol parser for grizzly so there
> might be something there as well.
>
> cheers
> Erik Svensson, SIX AB

Re: "how to" tutorials & Grizzly t-shirts

And you might get famous :-) Recently I've installed NB 6 (still a vim
user :-)), and saw one of our tutorial on the start page :-)

https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/grizzly-nb6-tutorial/index.html

Great!

-- Jeanfrancois

charlie hunt wrote:

> If there is anyone interested in writing a "how to" tutorial, I would be
> glad to offer him or her a Project Grizzly t-shirt.
>
> This is what we (Grizzly community) would be looking for in tutorials:
> 1.)  How to code a Grizzly client & server communicating with each other
> including an example along with some information that describes the key
> concepts.
> 2.)  How to code a Grizzly client & server using a simple or custom
> protocol which implements Grizzly's ProtocolParser including an example
> along with some information that describes the key concepts.
> 3.)  How to code an example which uses Grizzly comet or cometd.
>
> If you are interested, feel free to respond to this e-mail.   When you
> have a draft of a tutorial completed, you can post it to this mailing
> list ([hidden email]) for everyone to review.
>
> For a template document, or example to help in formatting the document,
> you can look at of the following tutorials:
> https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/grizzly-nb6-tutorial/index.html
> https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/sqe-nb6-tutorial/index.html
> https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/findBugs-nb-tutorial/index.html
> http://www.netbeans.org/files/documents/4/681/tutorial-template.html
> (This one may be the most helpful?)
>
> charlie ...

Re: "how to" tutorials & Grizzly t-shirts

charlie hunt-3
I think almost all of the contributed tutorials we have gotten have been
also been published on netbeans.org and in a NetBeans newsletter.

So, there's plenty of opportunity to get recognized outside the Grizzly
community. :-)  Especially if the tutorial uses NetBeans, or does some
additional things such as shows how easy it is to setup additional
things NetBeans like code completion recognition of Grizzly classes in
NetBeans.

Of course, using NetBeans is always optional.  But, it could be a nice
vehicle to get a tutorial published in other areas beyond the Grizzly
community.

charlie ...