licensing question

jbrisbin
I'm not an OSS licensing guru and I'm a little confused by the whole GPL classpath exception thing.

Can I write an Apache-licensed project that embeds a Grizzly HttpServer without making my whole project GPL? If I write Filters and other components that subclass Grizzly classes, is that still under the classpath exception?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

http://jbrisbin.com
Twitter: @j_brisbin

Re: licensing question

Ryan Lubke-2
On 5/14/12 1:21 PM, Jon Brisbin wrote:
> I'm not an OSS licensing guru and I'm a little confused by the whole GPL classpath exception thing.
>
> Can I write an Apache-licensed project that embeds a Grizzly HttpServer without making my whole project GPL? If I write Filters and other components that subclass Grizzly classes, is that still under the classpath exception?
I believe you should be OK here.  The issue of having to worry about
choosing which license is if you have modifications to Grizzly code that
you wish to distribute.

See [1].

[1]
https://blogs.oracle.com/chandan/entry/copyrights_licenses_and_cddl_illustrated