grizzly timeouts

Sprague, Paul
Hello grizzly users I have a few questions.

1)
TCPNIOTransport has readTimeout and writeTimeout fields, when (if ever) should these be used? I noticed they are not part of the TCPNIOTransportBuilder so I'm curious what they are for.

2)
Why does TCPNIOTransportBuilder have fields serverSocketSoTimeout and clientSocketSoTimeout but neither are set on the transport that gets built. Is this a bug?

3)
Also this is setter in TCPNIOTransportBuilder  seems to be broken since it is setting the backlog instead of the timeout.

public TCPNIOTransportBuilder setServerSocketSoTimeout(int serverSocketSoTimeout) {
        this.serverConnectionBackLog = serverSocketSoTimeout;
        return getThis();

Paul

Re: grizzly timeouts

Hi Paul,

On 19.12.13 11:31, Sprague, Paul wrote:
Hello grizzly users I have a few questions.

1)
TCPNIOTransport has readTimeout and writeTimeout fields, when (if ever) should these be used? I noticed they are not part of the TCPNIOTransportBuilder so I'm curious what they are for.
This is used when we read or write in blocking fashion. Fixing javadocs...

2)
Why does TCPNIOTransportBuilder have fields serverSocketSoTimeout and clientSocketSoTimeout but neither are set on the transport that gets built. Is this a bug?
bug.

3)
Also this is setter in TCPNIOTransportBuilder  seems to be broken since it is setting the backlog instead of the timeout.

public TCPNIOTransportBuilder setServerSocketSoTimeout(int serverSocketSoTimeout) {
        this.serverConnectionBackLog = serverSocketSoTimeout;
        return getThis();
    }
bug.

I filed it here [1]. Will be fixed in the next release.

Please let us know if you find more :)

Thank you.

[1] https://java.net/jira/browse/GRIZZLY-1623

Thanks,
Paul

Re: grizzly timeouts

Sprague, Paul
Hi Alexey.

Okay so Transport.getReadTimeout() and Transport.getWriteTimeout() are only used if you set transport.configureBlocking(true) ?

Also the following additional fields are accepted by TCPNIOTransportBuilder do not appear to be set on TCPNIOTransport:
readBufferSize
writeBufferSize
connectionTimeout

Thanks,
Paul

Paul

Re: grizzly timeouts

Hi Paul,

Okay so Transport.getReadTimeout() and Transport.getWriteTimeout() are only used if you set transport.configureBlocking(true) ?
Also when you call FilterChainContext.read() - it may go blocking as well.

Also the following additional fields are accepted by TCPNIOTransportBuilder do not appear to be set on TCPNIOTransport:
readBufferSize
writeBufferSize
can't reproduce, works for me (Grizzly 2.3.8)

connectionTimeout
fixed.

Paul