grizzly in glassfish running on Amazon doesn't call onInterrupt every time after expiration delay

grizzly in glassfish running on Amazon doesn't call onInterrupt every time after expiration delay

sarmishev
We are running glassfish 2.1 on Amazon AWS cloud on the RedHat Linux
and using Grizzly 1.0.40 to serve our long polling requests. We are
using async IO and setup CometContext expiration delay to be 2 minutes.
That suppose to hit our onInterrupt handler every 2 minutes.  We have
normal Grizzly 2 minutes onInterrupt call when running on our
development Ubuntu server but on Amazon RedhAT it is such non-regular
call for onInterrupt. Anybody has experience on running Grizzly on
Amazon? Any ideas what might be wrong?
More details
Here is a log from initialization
Grizzly 1.0.40 running on Linux-2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64 under JDK
version: 1.6.0_24-Sun Microsystems Inc.
         port: 8080
         socket-tcp-no-delay-enabled: true
         socket-keep-alive-enabled: false
         socket-linger: -1
         socket-oob-inline-enabled: false
         default-write-timeout-millis: 30000
         maxThreads: 1200
         ByteBuffer size: 4096
         useDirectByteBuffer: 8192
         maxKeepAliveRequests: 20000
         keepAliveTimeoutInSeconds: 60
         Static File Cache enabled: false
         Pipeline :
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.LinkedListPipeline
         Round Robin Selector Algorithm enabled: false
         Round Robin Selector pool size: 1
         Asynchronous Request Processing enabled: true|#]

Thankss,
-Sergey

Re: grizzly in glassfish running on Amazon doesn't call onInterrupt every time after expiration delay

Hi Sergey,

if onInterrupt is not called, may be you see other events been called
for such a CometHandler?
Is this issue reproducible on Amazon even w/ some simple/dummy Comet
application?

On 20.02.13 16:47, [hidden email] wrote:

> We are running glassfish 2.1 on Amazon AWS cloud on the RedHat Linux
> and using Grizzly 1.0.40 to serve our long polling requests. We are
> using async IO and setup CometContext expiration delay to be 2 minutes.
> That suppose to hit our onInterrupt handler every 2 minutes.  We have
> normal Grizzly 2 minutes onInterrupt call when running on our
> development Ubuntu server but on Amazon RedhAT it is such non-regular
> call for onInterrupt. Anybody has experience on running Grizzly on
> Amazon? Any ideas what might be wrong?
> More details
> Here is a log from initialization
> Grizzly 1.0.40 running on Linux-2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64 under JDK
> version: 1.6.0_24-Sun Microsystems Inc.
> port: 8080
> socket-tcp-no-delay-enabled: true
> socket-keep-alive-enabled: false
> socket-linger: -1
> socket-oob-inline-enabled: false
> default-write-timeout-millis: 30000
> maxThreads: 1200
> ByteBuffer size: 4096
> useDirectByteBuffer: 8192
> maxKeepAliveRequests: 20000
> keepAliveTimeoutInSeconds: 60
> Static File Cache enabled: false
> Pipeline :
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.LinkedListPipeline
> Round Robin Selector Algorithm enabled: false
> Round Robin Selector pool size: 1
> Asynchronous Request Processing enabled: true|#]
>
> Thankss,
> -Sergey

RE: grizzly in glassfish running on Amazon doesn't call onInterrupt every time after expiration delay

Sergey Armishev
You mean onTerminate? we have it only when OnInterrupt not triggered and then we have our HTTP session with the client expired and we are doing clean up and that cause onTerminate. we have onEvent triggered when we have message from client and trigger notify
We don't have any simple application that we might use for testing. Again, what I see from the log file that  sometimes OnInterrupt comming correctly for an hour or two. Is it possible that CPU load can affect OnInterrupt scheduler? I am going to start talking with RedHat support team as well. It might be some Linux/RedHat configuration options

-Sergey
if onInterrupt is not called, may be you see other events been called
for such a CometHandler?
Is this issue reproducible on Amazon even w/ some simple/dummy Comet
application?

On 20.02.13 16:47, [hidden email] wrote:

> We are running glassfish 2.1 on Amazon AWS cloud on the RedHat Linux
> and using Grizzly 1.0.40 to serve our long polling requests. We are
> using async IO and setup CometContext expiration delay to be 2 minutes.
> That suppose to hit our onInterrupt handler every 2 minutes.  We have
> normal Grizzly 2 minutes onInterrupt call when running on our
> development Ubuntu server but on Amazon RedhAT it is such non-regular
> call for onInterrupt. Anybody has experience on running Grizzly on
> Amazon? Any ideas what might be wrong?
> More details
> Here is a log from initialization
> Grizzly 1.0.40 running on Linux-2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64 under JDK
> version: 1.6.0_24-Sun Microsystems Inc.
>        port: 8080
>        socket-tcp-no-delay-enabled: true
>        socket-keep-alive-enabled: false
>        socket-linger: -1
>        socket-oob-inline-enabled: false
>        default-write-timeout-millis: 30000
>        maxThreads: 1200
>        ByteBuffer size: 4096
>        useDirectByteBuffer: 8192
>        maxKeepAliveRequests: 20000
>        keepAliveTimeoutInSeconds: 60
>        Static File Cache enabled: false
>        Pipeline :
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.LinkedListPipeline
>        Round Robin Selector Algorithm enabled: false
>        Round Robin Selector pool size: 1
>        Asynchronous Request Processing enabled: true|#]
>
> Thankss,
> -Sergey

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or
her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately

Re: grizzly in glassfish running on Amazon doesn't call onInterrupt every time after expiration delay

I can prepare a patch w/ extended logging, which may help to understand
the issue.
Will it work for you?

On 20.02.13 17:50, Sergey Armishev wrote:

> You mean onTerminate? we have it only when OnInterrupt not triggered and then we have our HTTP session with the client expired and we are doing clean up and that cause onTerminate. we have onEvent triggered when we have message from client and trigger notify
> We don't have any simple application that we might use for testing. Again, what I see from the log file that  sometimes OnInterrupt comming correctly for an hour or two. Is it possible that CPU load can affect OnInterrupt scheduler? I am going to start talking with RedHat support team as well. It might be some Linux/RedHat configuration options
>
> -Sergey

Sure. As long as it is compatible with our version 1.0.40. We also making some simple test application too
-Sergey