async client http?

Raoul Duke
hello,

i have been looking around but have either not found an, or just not understood the, answer to this question: how do i write an asynchronous http client? i don't want a server side, just a client side. i think the closest thing i've read is about arp with Grizzly, although that all looked complicated / maybe not precisely what i would like.

for example, xSocket has an alpha-quality implementation, i think: http://xsocket.sourceforge.net/http/tutorial/V2/TutorialHttp.htm

thank you for Grizzly!

Re: async client http?

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
Salut,

Raoul Duke wrote:
> hello,
>
> i have been looking around but have either not found an, or just not
> understood the, answer to this question: how do i write an asynchronous http
> client?

We don't yet have such module...but we got a lot of requests on it, and
we will like to have one for JavaOne :-)

i don't want a server side, just a client side. i think the closest
> thing i've read is about arp with Grizzly, although that all looked
> complicated / maybe not precisely what i would like.

Right. Arp is for the server side.

> for example, xSocket has an alpha-quality implementation, i think:
> http://xsocket.sourceforge.net/http/tutorial/V2/TutorialHttp.htm

Yaa xSocket is really becoming popular, eating MINA share :-)