[Vote] Releasing project Grizzly 1.6.2 (vote close 11/26)

[Vote] Releasing project Grizzly 1.6.2 (vote close 11/26)

we have again made extremely good progress with the Project Grizzly. I
would like to propose releasing 1.6.2 next Monday 11/26) so it gives
peoples time to test it and vote appropriately. If someone face any show
stopper, then I propose we should hold on until the issue is fixed.

Project Grizzly 1.6.2 is:

[ ] Stable
[ ] Beta
[ ] Alpha
[ ] broken, see issue [    ]

Changes logs can be found here:

https://grizzly.dev.java.net/source/browse/grizzly/trunk/CHANGELOG.txt?rev=620&view=markup

Re: [Vote] Releasing project Grizzly 1.6.2 (vote close 11/26)

charlie hunt-3
[ X ]  Beta

I'm voting beta mainly for the reason that this is the first release
having async read / write support.  Async read / write support can be
tricky, (not that I know there is anything wrong with the
implementation, I'd vote the same even if I did the async read / write
implementation).

charlie ...

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have again made extremely good progress with the Project Grizzly. I
> would like to propose releasing 1.6.2 next Monday 11/26) so it gives
> peoples time to test it and vote appropriately. If someone face any
> show stopper, then I propose we should hold on until the issue is fixed.
>
> Project Grizzly 1.6.2 is:
>
> [ ] Stable
> [ ] Beta
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] broken, see issue [    ]
>
> Changes logs can be found here:
>
> https://grizzly.dev.java.net/source/browse/grizzly/trunk/CHANGELOG.txt?rev=620&view=markup
>

> Thanks
>
> -- Jeanfrancois

Charlie Hunt
Java Performance Engineer

<http://java.sun.com/docs/performance/>

Re: [Vote] Releasing project Grizzly 1.6.2 (vote close 11/26)

Oleksiy Stashok
[X] Beta

Agree with Charlie.

> Changes logs can be found here:
>
> https://grizzly.dev.java.net/source/browse/grizzly/trunk/CHANGELOG.txt?rev=620&view=markup
>

> Thanks
>
> -- Jeanfrancois

Re: [Vote] Releasing project Grizzly 1.6.2 (vote close 11/26)

Radim Kolar
> Changes logs can be found here:
>
> https://grizzly.dev.java.net/source/browse/grizzly/trunk/CHANGELOG.txt?rev=620&view=markup
i cant see new api for data sharing there, [hidden email] didnt
commited it yet? Its very important for my project.

Re: [Vote] Releasing project Grizzly 1.6.2 (vote close 11/26)

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2

Radim Kolar SF.NET wrote:
>> Changes logs can be found here:
>>
>> https://grizzly.dev.java.net/source/browse/grizzly/trunk/CHANGELOG.txt?rev=620&view=markup
> i cant see new api for data sharing there, [hidden email] didnt
> commited it yet? Its very important for my project.

No Alexey commited them. I've forgot to add them. Will do :-)

[Cancelling?] [Vote] Releasing project Grizzly 1.6.2 (vote close 11/26)

we seems to have injected a regression (OOM) recently, added a lot of
new features (this week) so I would like to drop the vote and respin a
vote next week. Since we have made so much progress, I would like to
release a 1.7.0 instead of 1.6.1. Also everybody in the US are on
vacation so releasing next Monday is probably risky.

Any objections?

-- Jeanfrancois

Oleksiy Stashok wrote:

> [X] Beta
>
> Agree with Charlie.
>
> WBR,
> Alexey.
>

>> Changes logs can be found here:
>>
>> https://grizzly.dev.java.net/source/browse/grizzly/trunk/CHANGELOG.txt?rev=620&view=markup
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois

Re: [Cancelling?] [Vote] Releasing project Grizzly 1.6.2 (vote close 11/26)

charlie hunt-3
+1, makes sense to me.

charlie ...