[Vote] Next Release: documentation only release

[Vote] Next Release: documentation only release

I would like to propose for our next release, 1.7.1 (or 1.8.0)

+ The main release driver should be documentation.
+ Only bugs fixes should be allowed to be committed

For new development, we should have a branch where all the new stuff can
be added. Once the documentation release is done, we would merge back
the branch. But for now I would really like to have the next release:

+ voted as stable
+ documentation improved (whatever time it takes :-))

Now we need to define what we want for the documentation. For sure I
want to go class by class and improve the docs, then I would like to
have small set of tutorials on:

+ Basic server-side Controller example using UDP
+ Basic server-side Controller example using TCP
+ Basic server-side Controller example using TLS
+ Basic server-side Controller example using TCP/UDP/TLS
+ Basic client-side Controller example using UDP
+ Basic client-side Controller example using TCP
+ Basic client-side Controller example using TLS
+ Basic client-side Controller example using TCP/UDP/TLS
+ Basic AsyncReadQueue example using TCP/UDP
+ Basic AsyncWriteQueue example using TCP/UDP
+ Examples on how to use multi-Selector in SelectorHandler
+ Examples on how to use Context attributes among ProtocolFilter

+ Basic HTTP example (how to write an Adapter for HTTP)
+ Basic Comet example
+ Embedding the HTTP Web Server

That doesn't need to be a novel :-) Just something like Scott did yesterday:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sdo/archive/2007/12/grizzly_protoco.html

Please add what you would like to see using that thread. I'm will them
move it to our wiki on sun.com (if it gets created before the end of the
  year).

My vote: +1 on a documentation release only!!!

Re: [Vote] Next Release: documentation only release

looks like this emails was send inside a black Christmas hole :-). here
is my vote:

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose for our next release, 1.7.1 (or 1.8.0)
>
> + The main release driver should be documentation.
> + Only bugs fixes should be allowed to be committed
>
> For new development, we should have a branch where all the new stuff can
> be added. Once the documentation release is done, we would merge back
> the branch. But for now I would really like to have the next release:
>
> + voted as stable
> + documentation improved (whatever time it takes :-))

+1

Please vote :-) Anybody is welcomed to describe what he/she is looking
at. Next step is to determine a final date for the release.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

> Now we need to define what we want for the documentation. For sure I
> want to go class by class and improve the docs, then I would like to
> have small set of tutorials on:
>
> + Basic server-side Controller example using UDP
> + Basic server-side Controller example using TCP
> + Basic server-side Controller example using TLS
> + Basic server-side Controller example using TCP/UDP/TLS
> + Basic client-side Controller example using UDP
> + Basic client-side Controller example using TCP
> + Basic client-side Controller example using TLS
> + Basic client-side Controller example using TCP/UDP/TLS
> + Basic AsyncReadQueue example using TCP/UDP
> + Basic AsyncWriteQueue example using TCP/UDP
> + Examples on how to use multi-Selector in SelectorHandler
> + Examples on how to use Context attributes among ProtocolFilter
>
> + Basic HTTP example (how to write an Adapter for HTTP)
> + Basic Comet example
> + Embedding the HTTP Web Server
>
> That doesn't need to be a novel :-) Just something like Scott did
> yesterday:
>
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sdo/archive/2007/12/grizzly_protoco.html
>
> Please add what you would like to see using that thread. I'm will them
> move it to our wiki on sun.com (if it gets created before the end of the
>  year).
>
> Thanks
>
> -- Jeanfrancois
>
> My vote: +1 on a documentation release only!!!

Re: [Vote] Next Release: documentation only release

charlie hunt-3
+1 on documentation release only with bug fixes only with one caveat.
Depending on any pending or lurking issues we might see from performance
testing GlassFish CORBA / Grizzly integration.  There might be a need to
integrate some performance enhancements explicitly for GlassFish CORBA /
Grizzly integration.  I hope there will not be a need for any.  But,
just in case there is I wanted to set the expectation should something
be needed.

charlie ...

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looks like this emails was send inside a black Christmas hole :-).
> here is my vote:
>
> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to propose for our next release, 1.7.1 (or 1.8.0)
>>
>> + The main release driver should be documentation.
>> + Only bugs fixes should be allowed to be committed
>>
>> For new development, we should have a branch where all the new stuff
>> can be added. Once the documentation release is done, we would merge
>> back the branch. But for now I would really like to have the next
>> release:
>>
>> + voted as stable
>> + documentation improved (whatever time it takes :-))
>
> +1
>
> Please vote :-) Anybody is welcomed to describe what he/she is looking
> at. Next step is to determine a final date for the release.
>
> A+
>
> -- Jeanfrancois
>

>> Now we need to define what we want for the documentation. For sure I
>> want to go class by class and improve the docs, then I would like to
>> have small set of tutorials on:
>>
>> + Basic server-side Controller example using UDP
>> + Basic server-side Controller example using TCP
>> + Basic server-side Controller example using TLS
>> + Basic server-side Controller example using TCP/UDP/TLS
>> + Basic client-side Controller example using UDP
>> + Basic client-side Controller example using TCP
>> + Basic client-side Controller example using TLS
>> + Basic client-side Controller example using TCP/UDP/TLS
>> + Basic AsyncReadQueue example using TCP/UDP
>> + Basic AsyncWriteQueue example using TCP/UDP
>> + Examples on how to use multi-Selector in SelectorHandler
>> + Examples on how to use Context attributes among ProtocolFilter
>>
>> + Basic HTTP example (how to write an Adapter for HTTP)
>> + Basic Comet example
>> + Embedding the HTTP Web Server
>>
>> That doesn't need to be a novel :-) Just something like Scott did
>> yesterday:
>>
>> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sdo/archive/2007/12/grizzly_protoco.html
>>
>> Please add what you would like to see using that thread. I'm will
>> them move it to our wiki on sun.com (if it gets created before the
>> end of the  year).
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois
>>
>> My vote: +1 on a documentation release only!!!

charlie.hunt.vcf (167 bytes) Download Attachment