RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

Miroslav Nachev
Hi,

Are there any plans in Grizzly project to be implemented some of the media stream protocols like RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.?

Miro.

Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

charlie hunt-3
Hi Miro,

Currently there are no plans.  But, we would welcome a community
contribution. :-)

charlie ...

Miroslav Nachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans in Grizzly project to be implemented some of the
> media stream protocols like RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP,
> SRTP, MGCP, etc.?
>

> Miro.

Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

Miroslav Nachev
OK. I will try to do that. Unfortunately I will do that in my free time, so it will be not so fast.
Also I prefer to use NetBeans 6 as IDE which means that the project will be in NetBeans format. Is that a problem when I send it to the repository?
Also locally (in my computer) I am installed the Grizzly project as NetBeans 6 project. It is good to send this into the repository which will help the others?

It will be good if together with Grizzly RTP and SIP (Sailfin) implementation there is some IP PBX implementation which will help RTP and SIP testing. What do you think?
By the way what means Sailfin?

Finally how can I order Grizzly t-shirt?

Miro.

Miroslav Nachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans in Grizzly project to be implemented some of the
> media stream protocols like RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP,
> SRTP, MGCP, etc.?
>

> Miro.

RE: Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

Kristoffer Gronowski (KI/EAB)
Hi!

For the Sip support you can look at https://sailfin.dev.java.net. We are implementing JSR 289 Sip Servlet container there.
Sun labs has also released some code that we have used together with the Sailfin application server and demonstrated at Java One 2007.
You can find a link to a technical session on the Sailfin home page.

For the RTP support check out this project https://jvoicebridge.dev.java.net/ the difference is that this has a GPLv2 license while Grizzly and Sailfin has CDDL.
I know that the it is a quite new project and perhaps it would be good with some involvement there.

For SDP you have JSR141 and NIST has one open source implementation. The problem with this is that it does not give so much extra support.
What would be good to bundle some of this into Sip Servlets and make some open reusable components like a conference, voicemail, IVR etc.

Then finally when it comes to MGCP I think the spirit goes towards MSCML that is a media control using sip. (RFC5022)
BEA and HP is leading a JSR to make media server control generic. JSR 309.
It will be possible to run it on Sailfin but the RI will be BEA WLSS with HP media server.

BR Kristoffer

Miroslav Nachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans in Grizzly project to be implemented some of the
> media stream protocols like RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP,
> SRTP, MGCP, etc.?
>

> Miro.

Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

charlie hunt-3
Krisoffer,

There is some really good information in your note.

Thanks for sharing!

charlie ...

Kristoffer Gronowski wrote:

> Hi!
>
> For the Sip support you can look at https://sailfin.dev.java.net. We
> are implementing JSR 289 Sip Servlet container there.
> Sun labs has also released some code that we have used together with
> the Sailfin application server and demonstrated at Java One 2007.
> You can find a link to a technical session on the Sailfin home page.
>
> For the RTP support check out this project
> https://jvoicebridge.dev.java.net/ the difference is that this has a
> GPLv2 license while Grizzly and Sailfin has CDDL.
> I know that the it is a quite new project and perhaps it would be good
> with some involvement there.
>
> For SDP you have JSR141 and NIST has one open source implementation.
> The problem with this is that it does not give so much extra support.
> What would be good to bundle some of this into Sip Servlets and make
> some open reusable components like a conference, voicemail, IVR etc.
>
> Then finally when it comes to MGCP I think the spirit goes towards
> MSCML that is a media control using sip. (RFC5022)
> BEA and HP is leading a JSR to make media server control generic. JSR 309.
> It will be possible to run it on Sailfin but the RI will be BEA WLSS
> with HP media server.
>
> BR Kristoffer

NetBeans IDE 6.0 works pretty well with Grizzly.  You should use the
Maven plug-in from the Update Center before grabbing the Grizzly bits.
The maven plug-in will automatically identify the projects for each
sub-project of Grizzly.

I have been using NetBeans 6 with the Maven plug-in and I think Alexey
has been using it too.

It sounds like what you have done with Grizzly is created Ant based
NetBeans projects.   We probably don't want to put those Ant based
NetBeans project meta-data in the Grizzly repository. I think you will
find if you use the Maven plug-in you will not need the Ant-based versions.

I agree that would be great to have an IP PBX implementation.

Sailfin is an open source project (https://sailfin.dev.java.net) and it
will support SIP.

How can you order a Grizzly t-shirt?   Just start contributing and we
will send you a Grizzly t-shirt.  A quick and simple way to get a
t-shirt is write a "how to" tutorial that shows how to use NetBeans IDE
6 to get the grizzly source code from the repository and build the
Grizzly source code.  For an example format of a tutorial see either of
these tutorials:
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/sqe-nb6-tutorial/index.html
(This one uses NetBeans IDE 6)
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/findBugs-nb-tutorial/index.html
(This one uses NetBeans IDE 5.x.)

Both of the authors of these tutorials got Grizzly t-shirts.

If you start using Grizzly to build an application that uses RTP, RTCP,
XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, etc or even an IP PBX, we would be glad to
send you a t-shirt.

In other words, let us know how you are using Grizzly or write a
tutorial on how to use Grizzly.  Either of those will get you a Grizzly
t-shirt.

hths,

charlie ...

Miroslav Nachev wrote:

> OK. I will try to do that. Unfortunately I will do that in my free
> time, so it will be not so fast.
> Also I prefer to use NetBeans 6 as IDE which means that the project
> will be in NetBeans format. Is that a problem when I send it to the
> repository?
> Also locally (in my computer) I am installed the Grizzly project as
> NetBeans 6 project. It is good to send this into the repository which
> will help the others?
>
> It will be good if together with Grizzly RTP and SIP (Sailfin)
> implementation there is some IP PBX implementation which will help RTP
> and SIP testing. What do you think?
> By the way what means Sailfin?
>
> Finally how can I order Grizzly t-shirt?
>

> Miro.
>
> On 12/8/07, *charlie hunt* < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Miro,
>
>     Currently there are no plans.  But, we would welcome a community
>     contribution. :-)
>
>     charlie ...
>
>     Miroslav Nachev wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Are there any plans in Grizzly project to be implemented some of the
>     > media stream protocols like RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP,
>     > SRTP, MGCP, etc.?
>     >
>     >
>     > Miro.

>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

Miroslav Nachev
Thanks Charlie,

For t-shirt I will take decision when I am more familiar with the new information you and Kristoffer already sent me. Maybe next week. My dream is IP PBX but I have not time to do that faster because my job is related with another technologies and products which are not related with Telecom, VoIP and IP PBX. Maybe the faster way is tutorial.

Regards,

Miroslav Nachev wrote:

> OK. I will try to do that. Unfortunately I will do that in my free
> time, so it will be not so fast.
> Also I prefer to use NetBeans 6 as IDE which means that the project
> will be in NetBeans format. Is that a problem when I send it to the
> repository?
> Also locally (in my computer) I am installed the Grizzly project as
> NetBeans 6 project. It is good to send this into the repository which
> will help the others?
>
> It will be good if together with Grizzly RTP and SIP (Sailfin)
> implementation there is some IP PBX implementation which will help RTP
> and SIP testing. What do you think?
> By the way what means Sailfin?
>
> Finally how can I order Grizzly t-shirt?
>

> Miro.
>
> On 12/8/07, *charlie hunt* < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Miro,
>
>     Currently there are no plans.  But, we would welcome a community
>     contribution. :-)
>
>     charlie ...
>
>     Miroslav Nachev wrote:
>     > Hi,

>     >
>     > Are there any plans in Grizzly project to be implemented some of the
>     > media stream protocols like RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP,
>     > SRTP, MGCP, etc.?
>     >
>     >
>     > Miro.

>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

Miroslav Nachev

Is Grizzly project used by JVoiceBridge?

Yes, Conference, VoiceMail, IVR, are good modules, but they will not work if there is not some IP PBX.
Also the above modules will need of some Multi-Media Transcoder (MMT) which to transcode one Voice codec ( G.711, G.729, G.723, Speex, etc.) to linear or another useful format and vice versa. The other important task of this transcoder is to detect/generate DTMF, Fax signal, etc. and to notify the interested parties. Fax send/receive also is good feature.
Good feature is if this MMT can support Video codecs. Then conferencing can be realized outside MMT or inside.
Another modules (Interfaces, Abstract Classes, API) which can be envisaged are PSTN/GSM Gateways and similar.

I think that all these ideas are good for GlassFish v3 where everything is realized as modules. Then together with some CRM module this will be the top open source IP PBX in the world.

If the above ideas are realized this will help to GlassFish to be more popular.
The business model can be:
1. License: GPL v2
2. Marketing: will be together with GlassFish (Sun AS), NetBeans, etc.
3. The income will be from:
- Consultations;
- Enhancements and new futures;
- Integration together with existing systems and products;
- Turn-key solutions and products;
- Maintenance and Support.

Regards,
Miro.

On 12/8/07, Kristoffer Gronowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

For the Sip support you can look at <a href="https://sailfin.dev.java.net" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">https://sailfin.dev.java.net. We are implementing JSR 289 Sip Servlet container there.

For the RTP support check out this project <a href="https://jvoicebridge.dev.java.net/" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">https://jvoicebridge.dev.java.net/ the difference is that this has a GPLv2 license while Grizzly and Sailfin has CDDL.

Miroslav Nachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans in Grizzly project to be implemented some of the
> media stream protocols like RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP,
> SRTP, MGCP, etc.?
>

> Miro.

Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

charlie hunt-3
Very good.

Look forward to your contributions!

charlie ...