[Q] GrizzletResponse.setContentType() doesn't reset

[Q] GrizzletResponse.setContentType() doesn't reset

ALT Mobile DEV
Hi,

It seems that GrizzletResponse.setContentType() will sometimes be
disregarded and use a previous mime type specified. This varies
between GETs, so sometimes the previous MIME content-type is used by
Grizzly and other times the new MIME type will be used.

The reason why we switch MIME types between GETs is that one user
might want to consume their mash-up as an HTML while another as JSON
or RSS and ATOM. Search engines (Google, Yahoo) also enable the
customization of the output with the o=xml URL parameter, for example.

thanks.

--Zaid

http://altmobile.com/Home.html

Re: [Q] GrizzletResponse.setContentType() doesn't reset

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
Salut,

ALT Mobile DEV wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that GrizzletResponse.setContentType() will sometimes be
> disregarded and use a previous mime type specified. This varies between
> GETs, so sometimes the previous MIME content-type is used by Grizzly and
> other times the new MIME type will be used.

OK looking at this issue now :-)

> The reason why we switch MIME types between GETs is that one user might
> want to consume their mash-up as an HTML while another as JSON or RSS
> and ATOM. Search engines (Google, Yahoo) also enable the customization
> of the output with the o=xml URL parameter, for example.

I agree. Let me investigate!

> thanks.
>

> --Zaid
>
> http://altmobile.com/Home.html

Re: [Q] GrizzletResponse.setContentType() doesn't reset

Salut,

Just added a tentative fix. Can you try it and let me know?

ALT Mobile DEV wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that GrizzletResponse.setContentType() will sometimes be
> disregarded and use a previous mime type specified. This varies between
> GETs, so sometimes the previous MIME content-type is used by Grizzly and
> other times the new MIME type will be used.
>

> The reason why we switch MIME types between GETs is that one user might
> want to consume their mash-up as an HTML while another as JSON or RSS
> and ATOM. Search engines (Google, Yahoo) also enable the customization
> of the output with the o=xml URL parameter, for example.
>
> thanks.
>

> --Zaid
>
> http://altmobile.com/Home.html

Re: [Q] GrizzletResponse.setContentType() doesn't reset

ALT Mobile DEV
Hi,

unfortunately, it does not work and exhibits the same behavior.

--Zaid

ALT Mobile

http://altmobile.com/Home.html (web site)
http://web.mac.com/altmobile (official blog)