[OT] IE 8 new Comet technology

ALT Mobile DEV
Hi,

I wanted to mention that in IE 8, Microsoft has introduced a new Comet
technology called WebSlices. The closest thing to it is Long Polling
Comet but there are several enhancements to Long Polling. I've blogged
about the differences here:

http://web.mac.com/altmobile/altmobile_blog/ALT_Mobile_Blog/Entries/2008/3/25_Microsoft_Internet_Explorer_8s_WebSlices.html

In the beta of our Dynamic Mashup Server-- which uses embedded
Grizzly-- we introduced support for WebSlices. Unlike Grizzly which is
both a Comet and non-Comet web server, I think that Comet vendors who
do not support non-Comet access will have reduced market acceptance.

So, another reason why Grizzly is great.

--Zaid

ALT Mobile

http://altmobile.com/Home.html (web site)
http://web.mac.com/altmobile (official blog)