Need help on startup

Imran M Yousuf-4
Hi!

I am a newbie to Grizzly. I have taken the task to integrate Grizzly with JAIN-SIP stack. Thus I would like to know from where am I to start with it from Grizzly point of view; I would appreciate a start-up point.

Best regards,

--
Imran M Yousuf
Entrepreneur & Software Engineer
Email: [hidden email]
Mobile: +880-1711402557

Re: Need help on startup

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
Hi Imran,

Imran M Yousuf wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am a newbie to Grizzly. I have taken the task to integrate Grizzly
> with JAIN-SIP stack. Thus I would like to know from where am I to start
> with it from Grizzly point of view; I would appreciate a start-up point.

Are you familiar with svn? If yes, just checkout the workspace:

% svn checkout https://www.dev.java.net/svn/grizzly

Next I would recommend you take a look at the initial design we did:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/20070712_Grizzly_Architecture.pdf
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/presentations/FISL-2007.pdf

Then I will spend some time looking at the unit test located under:

trunk/grizzly/modules/grizzly/src/tes/java/...

For JAIN-SIP, I suspect you will need both UDP and TCP, right? You might
want to look at the SIP implementation of the Sailfin project (which is
based on Grizzly as well).

https://sailfin.dev.java.net/source/browse/sailfin/sip-stack/src/java/com/ericsson/ssa/container/GrizzlyNetworkManager.java?rev=1.26&view=markup
https://sailfin.dev.java.net/source/browse/sailfin/sip-stack/src/java/com/ericsson/ssa/container/MessageProcessorFilter.java?rev=1.12&view=markup

As our documentation is not perfect, feel free to post any kind on
question here.

> Best regards,
>
> --
> Imran M Yousuf
> Entrepreneur & Software Engineer
> Smart IT Engineering
> Dhaka, Bangladesh
> Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Mobile: +880-1711402557

Re: Need help on startup

Imran M Yousuf-4
Hi Jeanfrancois,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes I am quite familiar with SVN :). I already had Grizzly checked out. Firstly, yes SIP will require both UDP and TCP. Secondly, I will go through the files you have said and then will reply back if I have questions. Thanks for the reply.

Best regards,

Imran

On 10/31/07, Jeanfrancois Arcand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Imran,