Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Update 3 Preview 2 - package does not exist

Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Update 3 Preview 2 - package does not exist

Ahmet Sevdin
Hi;

I am new to Java. Trying to have Grizzly chat example work. I have downloaded Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Update 3 Preview 2. It is based on GlassFish V2 Beta 2. I have added a servlet to project and named it CometServlet.java

It gives the compile error:
package com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.comet does not exist

Other samples under AppServer directory are building and deploying. What am I missing? Is there any tutorial that I can follow to learn grizzly examples?

Thanks...
Ahmet

Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Update 3 Preview 2 - package does not exist

Ahmet Sevdin
Sorry.

I forgot this. I am using jdk1.6.0_01 on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks again
Ahmet

Re: Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Update 3 Preview 2 - package does not exist

Ahmet Sevdin wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I am new to Java. Trying to have Grizzly chat example work. I have
> downloaded Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Update 3 Preview 2. It is based on
> GlassFish V2 Beta 2. I have added a servlet to project and named it
> CometServlet.java
>
> It gives the compile error:
> package com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.comet does not exist

when you compile, you need to make sure the
${glassfish.home}/lib/appserv-rt.jar is in your classpath. How are you
compiling your application?

> Other samples under AppServer directory are building and deploying. What
> am I missing? Is there any tutorial that I can follow to learn grizzly
> examples?

Not yet, unfortunately. Are you saying there is a chat example shipped
with 'Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Update 3 Preview 2'? Interesting :-)

> Thanks...
> Ahmet

Re: Java EE 5 Tools Bundle Update 3 Preview 2 - package does not exist

Ahmet Sevdin
Thanks...

That was my problem. I get the example from your blog, not in appserver.

Ahmet