HttpURLConnection

Noah Campbell
I'm not sure if this is specific to Grizzly or HttpURLConnection.

I open a connection to grizzly with setDoInput(false).  The request is never sent to Grizzly.  I'm suspecting this has something to do with HttpURLConnection.  Here's the code:

HttpURLConnection connection = (HttpURLConnection) new URL("http://localhost:9999").openConnection();
connection.setRequestMethod("POST");
connection.setConnectTimeout(2); // ms timeout.
connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "text/plain");
connection.setDoOutput(true);
connection.setDoInput(false);

PrintWriter writer = new PrintWriter(connection.getOutputStream());
writer.append(start.toString()).append(' ');
writer.append(duration.toString()).append("\r\n");
writer.flush();
writer.close();

// connection.getResponseCode();  // need to call this to get the request to process.

If I un-comment the getResponseCode, everything works fine.  I would like to be able to post without waiting for a response.

Thank you,
-Noah