Hello world example

Peter Murray-7
I am looking for a simple hello world example to get me going with Comet.

I have looked at the svn tree and used some of the code in the blog posting. I can get them to compile and run but nothing seems to happen (chat)

Can anyone point me to an idiot proof example I can start with.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Murray
Manager,
Relationship Trading

[hidden email]
Office: +1 646-268-9916
Cell   : +1 914-414-3727
AIM   : retepmurray

Re: Hello world example

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
Hi Peter,

take a look at this basic tutorial:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/06/new_adventures_3.html

At the end, you have the demo.jar which contains the Javascript code and
the server side Servlet. I assume you are using GlassFish 9.1?

The Comet API can be browsed from here:

https://grizzly.dev.java.net/nonav/xref/com/sun/grizzly/comet/package-frame.html

and Grizzly in general from here:

https://grizzly.dev.java.net/nonav/xref/index.html

Hope that help :-) Feel free to ask question as our documentation is far
from perfect, as tons of peoples noticed recently :-) :-)

-- Jeanfrancois