Happy Birthday from Comet Daily

ALT Mobile DEV

http://cometdaily.com/2008/02/06/happy-birthday-grizzly/

Happy Birthday Grizzly
by Dylan Schiemann
February 6th, 2008

The Grizzly Project turned 1 yesterday, and accomplished quite a bit
in just one year. While in its infancy compared to many other Comet
server implementations, they have made quick strides in supporting
Bayeux and DWR. Grizzly is part of the Glassfish application server,
but has its own workspace and a growing community. In addition to code
changes they’ve made a lot of progress on documentation and tutorials.
It shows how productive the collaborative open source approach can be.

In celebration, AltMobile has also announced that they will soon
release their Grizzly-based Dynamic Mashup Server, which will be
available in the second quarter of this year. Their Dynamic Mashup
Server product will support the mixing of web content through a full
set of Ajax and Comet technologies. In addition to a full range of
desktop browsers, the Dynamic Mashup Server will support the iPhone’s
Safari browser. Mobile browsing is a great environment for Comet
because the bandwidth/latency gains are so noticeable.

Additionally, the project lead for Grizzly, Jean-Francois Arcand, has
also just signed on to be a Comet Daily contributor, so we’ll soon
have more in-depth information here about Grizzly progress and best
practices.

Re: Happy Birthday from Comet Daily

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
Many thanks for all your great work!!!