Grizzly on the client side, a modest tutorial

Grizzly on the client side, a modest tutorial

Erik Svensson-3
Howdy all,

Now I've written a simple tutorial for the client side and it's
attached to this mail.

I've followed the templates as best as I could but I'm no html person
so...

Review and send change suggestions, praise or scorn to me.

And I've changed mail address on my presence here.

cheer
Erik Svensson (still at SIX and still planning to use grizzly there)

ClientTutorial.zip (14K) Download Attachment

Re: Grizzly on the client side, a modest tutorial

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
Thanks Erik!

I will take a look today :-)

This is great!

-- jeanfrancois

Erik Svensson wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> Now I've written a simple tutorial for the client side and it's attached
> to this mail.
>
> I've followed the templates as best as I could but I'm no html person so...
>
> Review and send change suggestions, praise or scorn to me.
>
> And I've changed mail address on my presence here.
>
> cheer
> Erik Svensson (still at SIX and still planning to use grizzly there)

Re: Grizzly on the client side, a modest tutorial

Hi Erik,

the tuturial looks great. Some comments:

+ [minor] Grizzly is using Maven 2...might be a good idea to use maven
instead of ant (this is minor)
+ Should add a download link to jdk 5.
+ Change the grizzly download link to 1.7.2
+ line 3 of the first code snipped:

replace com.sun.grizzly.* with the proper classes.

+ The code seems to have some tabs problem
+ remove line 79

The remaining looks quite good! If you can make the changes and file an
enhancement here:

https://grizzly.dev.java.net/issues/

I will hook you stuff from the main grizzly.dev.java.net

Erik Svensson wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> Now I've written a simple tutorial for the client side and it's attached
> to this mail.
>
> I've followed the templates as best as I could but I'm no html person so...
>
> Review and send change suggestions, praise or scorn to me.
>
> And I've changed mail address on my presence here.
>
> cheer
> Erik Svensson (still at SIX and still planning to use grizzly there)

Re: Grizzly on the client side, a modest tutorial

Erik Svensson-3
> the tuturial looks great. Some comments:
>
> + [minor] Grizzly is using Maven 2...might be a good idea to use
> maven instead of ant (this is minor)

I'm not a maven person, never used it. So i figured, if I'm gonna
teach stick to what I know :-)

> + Should add a download link to jdk 5.

Done.

> + Change the grizzly download link to 1.7.2

Done.

> + line 3 of the first code snipped:
>
> replace com.sun.grizzly.* with the proper classes.

Done.

> + The code seems to have some tabs problem

Fixed (with some hard work)

> + remove line 79

Done. Moved it into the commentary.

cheer
/Erik

Attached is the archive.

ClientTutorial.zip (14K) Download Attachment