[Grizzly] How to deploy grizzly as a process

[Grizzly] How to deploy grizzly as a process

Nasir Rasul
Hi,
I want to deploy a jersey app as a process and use grizzly. Looking at the grizzly doc, it is not clear to  how I can accomplish that.

There are no such guidelines on jersey's documentation either.

Ordinarily, one can run using for development but process closes once you close the console.
mvn exec:java

Would someone be able to share their experience?

Thanks.

- Nasir

Re: [Grizzly] How to deploy grizzly as a process

Ryan Lubke-2
I think you may want to look at something like [1].

[1] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/

Nasir Rasul wrote:
Hi,
I want to deploy a jersey app as a process and use grizzly. Looking at the grizzly doc, it is not clear to  how I can accomplish that.

There are no such guidelines on jersey's documentation either.

Ordinarily, one can run using for development but process closes once you close the console.
mvn exec:java

Would someone be able to share their experience?

Thanks.

- Nasir

Re: [Grizzly] How to deploy grizzly as a process

Dean Pehrsson-Chapman
What platform?

To stop grizzly exiting at the end of your main method:

        final TCPNIOTransport transport =
                TCPNIOTransportBuilder.newInstance()
                        .setWorkerThreadPoolConfig(
                                ThreadPoolConfig.defaultConfig().copy().setDaemon(false)
                        ).build();