Examples

Peter Murray-7
Erik,
Can you post your working code?
There is a grizzly/examples in the SVN tree. Can we start putting examples which we develop in this tree or is there another place to put "public" examples?

Peter

With Oleksiys help my example worked.
I've modified TCPConnectorHandler:connect(SocketAddress remoteAddres,
SocketAddress localAddress) to check for a callbackHandler and if one isn't
installed it creates one (identical to the one created if controller ==
null). This makes TCPConnectorHandler a bit easier to use for the the most
common case.

cheers

Erik Svensson, SIX AB

Peter Murray
Manager,
Relationship Trading

[hidden email]
Office: +1 646-268-9916
Cell   : +1 914-414-3727
AIM   : retepmurray

Re: Examples

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
Salut,

Peter Murray wrote:
> Erik,
>
> Can you post your working code?
>
> There is a grizzly/examples in the SVN tree. Can we start putting examples which we develop in this tree or is there another place to put "public" examples?

Yes we should put more examples there. I will take a look today to see
if I can drop more Comet/Cometd example.

> Peter
>

> With Oleksiys help my example worked.
> I've modified TCPConnectorHandler:connect(SocketAddress remoteAddres,
> SocketAddress localAddress) to check for a callbackHandler and if one isn't
> installed it creates one (identical to the one created if controller ==
> null). This makes TCPConnectorHandler a bit easier to use for the the most
> common case.
>

> cheers
>
> Erik Svensson, SIX AB
>

> Peter Murray
> Manager,
> Relationship Trading
>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Office: +1 646-268-9916
> Cell   : +1 914-414-3727
> AIM   : retepmurray

Re: Examples

Erik Svensson-2
On 1/23/08 4:11 PM, "Peter Murray" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Erik,
> Can you post your working code?
> There is a grizzly/examples in the SVN tree. Can we start putting
> examples which we develop in this tree or is there another place to
> put "public" examples?

Ok, here's a very simple echo-client. It takes a 100 byte buffer, puts
the current nanoTime in it, pads it out and sends it to an echo server (also
implemented with grizzly).
It reads the return and measures the elapsed time, clears the buffer and
starts over again.

cheers

Erik Svensson, SIX AB

Client.java (5K) Download Attachment