Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which is
our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all of us
just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small tutorial, how
the code works, how the community works, what's new, community
increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it might be good if
we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I would think of:

+ Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
+ Alexey: Async Read/Write
+ Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
+ Harsha: IIOP implementation
+ Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
+ Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
+ Scott: New ProtocolParser API
+ Takai: JRuby

Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-). We
have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin, RESTlet,
Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)

All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)

A+

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

kcavanaugh
Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which is
> our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all of us
> just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small tutorial, how
> the code works, how the community works, what's new, community
> increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it might be good
> if we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I would think of:
>
> + Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
> + Alexey: Async Read/Write
> + Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
> + Harsha: IIOP implementation
> + Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
> + Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
> + Scott: New ProtocolParser API
> + Takai: JRuby
>
> Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-). We
> have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin,
> RESTlet, Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)
>
> All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)

Sounds good.  I'd like to link to the blog entries for the general
announcement (Jean-Francois)
and the IIOP implementation details (Harsha).  I'll write a blog entry
about where this fits in
the CORBA roadmap (CORBA in GFv3, port unification (with a nod towards
resource management),
CORBA in JDK7).

Harsha, it would make sense for you to discuss (in your blog) about the
compatibility issue
you found, and emphasize our commitment to backward compatibility.

Please let me know what the URLs will be as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Ken.

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

Harsha Godugu
Ken Cavanaugh wrote:

> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which
>> is our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all
>> of us just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small
>> tutorial, how the code works, how the community works, what's new,
>> community increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it
>> might be good if we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I
>> would think of:

Nice  idea Jeanfrancois!

>> + Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
>> + Alexey: Async Read/Write
>> + Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
>> + Harsha: IIOP implementation
>> + Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
>> + Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
>> + Scott: New ProtocolParser API
>> + Takai: JRuby
>>
>> Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-).
>> We have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin,
>> RESTlet, Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)
>>
>> All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)
>>
> Sounds good.  I'd like to link to the blog entries for the general
> announcement (Jean-Francois)
> and the IIOP implementation details (Harsha).  I'll write a blog entry
> about where this fits in
> the CORBA roadmap (CORBA in GFv3, port unification (with a nod towards
> resource management),
> CORBA in JDK7).
>
> Harsha, it would make sense for you to discuss (in your blog) about
> the compatibility issue
> you found, and emphasize our commitment to backward compatibility.
>
> Please let me know what the URLs will be as soon as you can.

Sure Ken.  I will also give some internal details of how filters,
controller and tcp selector handlers work in Grizzly. How one can write
/implement once own protocol parser  for special needs. (ideally one
doesn't have to!)

Thanks,
Harsha

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

first one:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/12/hohohoho_grizzl_1.html

let me know once your blog is ready, so I can link it from mine :-) We
should also lobby the Aquarium to get some exposure :-)

Again, anybody is welcomed to drop a blog about this release...one beer
per blog at JavaOne 2008 (or drinks!)!!

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which is
> our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all of us
> just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small tutorial, how
> the code works, how the community works, what's new, community
> increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it might be good if
> we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I would think of:
>
> + Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
> + Alexey: Async Read/Write
> + Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
> + Harsha: IIOP implementation
> + Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
> + Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
> + Scott: New ProtocolParser API
> + Takai: JRuby
>
> Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-). We
> have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin, RESTlet,
> Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)
>
> All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)
>
> A+
>
> -- Jeanfrancois

sdo

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

sdo
Here's another:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sdo/archive/2007/12/grizzly_protoco.html

[I wrote it pretty quickly, so everyone let me know what parts aren't
clear and I'll update it.]

-Scott

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 15:47, Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first one:
>
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/12/hohohoho_grizzl_1.html
>
> let me know once your blog is ready, so I can link it from mine :-) We
> should also lobby the Aquarium to get some exposure :-)
>
> Again, anybody is welcomed to drop a blog about this release...one beer
> per blog at JavaOne 2008 (or drinks!)!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Jeanfrancois
>
> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which is
> > our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all of us
> > just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small tutorial, how
> > the code works, how the community works, what's new, community
> > increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it might be good if
> > we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I would think of:
> >
> > + Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
> > + Alexey: Async Read/Write
> > + Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
> > + Harsha: IIOP implementation
> > + Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
> > + Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
> > + Scott: New ProtocolParser API
> > + Takai: JRuby
> >
> > Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-). We
> > have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin, RESTlet,
> > Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)
> >
> > All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)
> >
> > A+
> >
> > -- Jeanfrancois

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

charlie hunt-3
I've got a "short & sweet" blog on Grizzly 1.7.0 and Miro's tutorial on
using NetBeans 6 & Maven to get build & test Grizzly sources.

http://blogs.sun.com/charliebrown/

charlie ...

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first one:
>
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/12/hohohoho_grizzl_1.html
>

> let me know once your blog is ready, so I can link it from mine :-) We
> should also lobby the Aquarium to get some exposure :-)
>
> Again, anybody is welcomed to drop a blog about this release...one
> beer per blog at JavaOne 2008 (or drinks!)!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Jeanfrancois
>
> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which
>> is our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all
>> of us just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small
>> tutorial, how the code works, how the community works, what's new,
>> community increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it
>> might be good if we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I
>> would think of:
>>
>> + Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
>> + Alexey: Async Read/Write
>> + Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
>> + Harsha: IIOP implementation
>> + Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
>> + Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
>> + Scott: New ProtocolParser API
>> + Takai: JRuby
>>
>> Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-).
>> We have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin,
>> RESTlet, Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)
>>
>> All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)
>>
>> A+
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois

Charlie Hunt
Java Performance Engineer

<http://java.sun.com/docs/performance/>

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

Great! I've linked your blog to the official announcement. Thanks!

-- Jeanfrancois

Scott Oaks wrote:

> Here's another:
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sdo/archive/2007/12/grizzly_protoco.html
>
> [I wrote it pretty quickly, so everyone let me know what parts aren't
> clear and I'll update it.]
>
> -Scott
>
> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 15:47, Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> first one:
>>
>> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/12/hohohoho_grizzl_1.html
>>
>> let me know once your blog is ready, so I can link it from mine :-) We
>> should also lobby the Aquarium to get some exposure :-)
>>
>> Again, anybody is welcomed to drop a blog about this release...one beer
>> per blog at JavaOne 2008 (or drinks!)!!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois
>>
>> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which is
>>> our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all of us
>>> just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small tutorial, how
>>> the code works, how the community works, what's new, community
>>> increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it might be good if
>>> we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I would think of:
>>>
>>> + Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
>>> + Alexey: Async Read/Write
>>> + Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
>>> + Harsha: IIOP implementation
>>> + Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
>>> + Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
>>> + Scott: New ProtocolParser API
>>> + Takai: JRuby
>>>
>>> Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-). We
>>> have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin, RESTlet,
>>> Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)
>>>
>>> All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)
>>>
>>> A+
>>>
>>> -- Jeanfrancois

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

Linked as well from the main announcement :-)

charlie hunt wrote:

> I've got a "short & sweet" blog on Grizzly 1.7.0 and Miro's tutorial on
> using NetBeans 6 & Maven to get build & test Grizzly sources.
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/charliebrown/
>
> charlie ...
>
> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> first one:
>>
>> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/12/hohohoho_grizzl_1.html
>>

>> let me know once your blog is ready, so I can link it from mine :-) We
>> should also lobby the Aquarium to get some exposure :-)
>>
>> Again, anybody is welcomed to drop a blog about this release...one
>> beer per blog at JavaOne 2008 (or drinks!)!!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois
>>
>> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which
>>> is our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all
>>> of us just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small
>>> tutorial, how the code works, how the community works, what's new,
>>> community increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it
>>> might be good if we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I
>>> would think of:
>>>
>>> + Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
>>> + Alexey: Async Read/Write
>>> + Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
>>> + Harsha: IIOP implementation
>>> + Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
>>> + Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
>>> + Scott: New ProtocolParser API
>>> + Takai: JRuby
>>>
>>> Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-).
>>> We have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin,
>>> RESTlet, Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)
>>>
>>> All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)
>>>
>>> A+
>>>
>>> -- Jeanfrancois

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

Alan Williamson
my contribution to the blog sphere

http://alan.blog-city.com/grizzly.htm

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> let me know once your blog is ready, so I can link it from mine :-) We
> should also lobby the Aquarium to get some exposure :-)

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
Thanks!!!

I will add a link as well :-)

1.8.0 will be a documentation only release :-)

-- Jeanfrancois

Alan Williamson wrote:

> my contribution to the blog sphere
>
> http://alan.blog-city.com/grizzly.htm
>
> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>> let me know once your blog is ready, so I can link it from mine :-) We
>> should also lobby the Aquarium to get some exposure :-)

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2
FYI,

aggregation of our blogs are here: