Quantcast

A working Kerberos Filter for Grizzly

Saurabh Verma
Hi,

I'm brand new to open source so pardon any misgivings.

I've been working with Grizzly, which at our company is used for the REST API Server. Recently, we had a requirement to enable Kerberos for Grizzly NIO and found that the only out of the box solution, Apache CXF would not work, thanks to CXF's "MessageContext" abstraction.

I worked on a standalone solution that does not use basic JAAS contructs to enable Kerberos for Grizzly, by simply enabling the Filter. I also have general purpose interface definitions for Principal and SecurityContext that are needed here.

I would really like to contribute back to Grizzly, and think this would be a helpful addition for those who seek security over Grizzly, specially enterprise users - this solution, in my understanding, doesn't exist, and would help others from reinventing the wheel.

How do I go about contributing this? Is there an existing JIRA I cannot find? Or shall I just create a new one? Appreciate any help.

Regards,
Saurabh

Re: A working Kerberos Filter for Grizzly

Ryan Lubke-2
Hello,

There is no existing JIRA for Kerberos+Grizzly, so you can go ahead and create a new one.

In order to contribute your code, you will first need to sign the Oracle Contribute Agreement (OCA) [1].
Once it's has been approved, we can move forward on the contribution.

Thanks,
-rl

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oca-486395.html

P.S.  Thank you for considering contributing this!

March 14, 2017 at 14:05

Saurabh

Re: A working Kerberos Filter for Grizzly

Saurabh Verma
Thanks Ryan,

I'll sign that and get started soon. Also there is an errata in my e-mail. See below:
I worked on a standalone solution that d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶  uses basic JAAS contructs to enable Kerberos for Grizzly, by simply enabling the Filter.

Regards,
Saurabh

On 14 March 2017 at 14:35, Ryan Lubke <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I worked on a standalone solution that d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶  uses basic JAAS contructs to enable Kerberos for Grizzly, by simply enabling the Filter. I also have general purpose interface definitions for Principal and SecurityContext that are needed here.